Join thousands of members who are committed to providing optimal patient care.
For the past 28 years, the Academy has been the only national professional organization dedicated to advancing the integrative pain care approaches that now define “best practice” in the National Pain Strategy published by NIH.
Membership entitles you to many excellent resources and educational benefits including:
• Our award winning publication The Pain Practitioner in print and digital formats. Each issue is packed with news, research, legislative/policy updates, resources, and articles written by leaders in the field of pain management.
• Ability to participate in the Advanced Credentialed Pain Practitioner (ACCP) program to distinguish yourself as an Advanced Diplomate or an Advanced Fellow.
• Promotion in the searchable database on the Academy’s website, where patients and other practitioners can find you.
• Professional development opportunities through our on-demand Pain Care Learning Center with access to more than 30 courses that are free to members.
• Reduced registration rates for the Academy’s Annual Clinical Meeting.
• Advocacy Alerts from the State Pain Policy Advocacy Network on current regulations and legislation.
• Use of the Academy’s Member Logo on your communications materials to showcase your involvement.
• Networking opportunities with thousands of other clinicians.
The American Academy of Pain Management is one of the best places to learn to share with other healthcare professionals about the treatment of chronic pain patients.
Lucy White-Ferguson, DC is a chiropractor based in Taos, New Mexico.Watch Video
Benefits of membership
Access to credentialing (Advanced Diplomate, Fellow, Clinical Associate)
Reduced registration rates for the Academy's Annual Clinical Meeting
A listing in the Academy's searchable clinician database
Policy action alerts
Access to networking opportunities with thousands of other like-minded clinicians
The Pain Practitioner quarterly magazine and Currents newsletter
Choose the membership that is right for you.
The Academy offers a membership program designed to make membership affordable for our members while offering free membership to students and residents. You can also learn about our Corporate Membership program.
Open to all clinicians and affiliates.
Complimentary to all full-time students or residents.
Pain Management Facility Membership
Open to hospitals, clinics, practices, and other institutions offering interdisciplinary pain management.