Vaping has evolved as a popular trend all over the world. The rationale for vaping could be medicinal or recreational and people of all ages seem to enjoy it. However, choosing the best cannabis vaporizer out there can be a daunting task. With new trends and devices flooding the market, you are certainly spoilt for choices. If you are planning to buy the best vaporizer that suits your needs and don’t know where to begin, then this article is for you! Read on to walk through the beginner’s guide to vaping and to know about the different kinds of vaporizers available in the market. General info about vaping essentials and tips to help you choose the perfect cannabis vaporizer is also included.
A Brief Guide to Vaping
Are you new to vaping cannabis? If yes, we’ve got you covered. Smoking or vaping is the easiest and the most common way to take cannabis. There are yet again different ways to do this, but a vaporizer or a vaping device does the job quite easily for you. Vaporizing is also an alternative to smoking cannabis, and the latter is not the best choice for your health.
So how to choose the best one for you? It gets tricky down the lane and things get even more difficult for you to decide if you are new to the world of vapes. Therefore, considering some factors before you make the right choice will help you determine the kind of vaporizer that is right for you. As a good starting point, decide where do you want to vape, and based on your choice there are three types of vaporizers available: vape pens, portable vaporizer, and desktop vaporizer. The effects of vaporizing using these products are immediate which makes controlling the doses quite easy. The quality of the vaporizer and what you put in it is also an important detail to consider as it can influence your vaping experience vastly. The quality may depend on the cost of the devices. What you choose to put in them can fall under three options – dry herbs, wax and oils, and combinations. Once you have decided on what type of vaporizer suits your needs, it is time to consider what you want to vape. You can choose from cannabis flowers, concentrates, or even a hybrid of the two, if you have difficulty deciding between flower and concentrate.
Quick Breakdown for Beginners
Here’s a quick step by step guide from choosing your vaporizer to its maintenance:
- Find your perfect vaporizer from tabletop vaporizers to vape pens after reading the guidelines outlined.
- Select your vaping material as it is equally important as the device itself.
- Choose your accessories if you want to enhance and level up your vaping experience.
- Prep your vaporizer and familiarize yourself with it before you start. Be mindful of its features, maximum possible heating levels, and suitable vaping compounds.
- Before you enjoy your first vape, keep in mind that some models may require some initial practice before they can offer consistency. Producing high-quality vapor takes time and effort, however, there is no need to be discouraged.
- Last but not least, vaporizer maintenance is key for clean and good quality vapors! You must clean all parts such as screens and filters regularly if you intend long-term use and thus to enhance durability.
Types of Vaporizers
A device that heats cannabis and causes the cannabinoids (CBD OR THC, for instance) stored in the cannabis plant to evaporate into gas is called a vaporizer. These vaporizers work on battery power, wall charger, or USB charging system depending on the price and style of the vaporizer. There are mainly three types available in the market today. They are:
- Desktop/Tabletop vaporizer– These types of vaporizers are designed predominantly for home use. They are bigger, more powerful, less discreet, and have multiple intake methods when compared to the other two types. Because of the large size, you can conveniently use more herbs for a potent and group session with your friends. Some exclusive types include whip vaporizers, balloon or bag vaporizers, and dual vaporizers.
- Portable vaporizer– They are smaller in size, hence portable, and have smaller chambers. This type is also more discreet, designed to be used on the go, and runs on batteries. Because of the small chamber size, this vaporizer is intended for individual users. Some examples of this kind are flame vaporizers and butane vaporizers.
- Vape pens– Vape pens have given new meaning to portability, beating the other two types quite easily in that department. They are durable, safer in your pocket, and look just like e-cigarettes. Vape pens are more discreet than the other two can ever be and inexpensive too. However, they lack power and consistency.
Five Tips to Buy the Best Cannabis Vaporizer
How does one decide upon which vaporizer to buy? Well, there are many different types available in the market and each variant suits a different type of user. Each type has something different to offer as there are several features to consider before buying one. Here are some tips to help you figure out the perfect one best suited to serve your requirements:
- Temperature control– It should be noted that different herbs vaporize at different temperatures. Therefore, a vaporizer that allows you to change temperature settings is always preferred over one that doesn’t come with this option. Most vaporizers are of three types in terms of temperature control. They are one with a fixed temperature that offers no flexibility, the 2nd one with a pre-set temperature that offers a definite temperature range and the last one with a precise temperature that allows users to set the temperature according to their liking.
- Convenience– A vaporizer that is simple to use and easy to maintain tops the chart quite easily. Other features that influence are user-friendly and are always easy to clean.
- Heating method– There are mainly three types of heating methods in vaporizers called conduction, convection, and induction. Conduction vaporizing is when what you use to vape is coming into direct contact with the heating element. The heating vessel touches your herb or concentrates, like how you cook in a skillet. Besides, this might result in burning cannabis or even result in uneven cooking. However, users transitioning from smoking to vaping are less likely to mind this. Convection vaporizing, in contrast, has no direct contact between the vessel and what you are using to vape, herb, or concentrate. Instead, your cannabis is cooked with the hot vapor from the heating apparatus, like how you cook in a microwave. Here, the vapors are easy on the lungs, flavors are mild, and herbs cook more evenly. Induction vaporizing is a recent trend in the heating method. These vaporizers use magnetic fields to heat your herbs or concentrate under a controlled temperature. They also offer great flavor, even cooking, and smoother vapors.
- Price and quality– You must consider your budget and that will determine the quality of your vaporizer to a certain extent. Good quality vaporizers often come at a higher price. When you begin looking at your vaporizer as an investment, it is essential that you buy a good quality product that is durable as well. However, be aware of fake or counterfeit products that may cause severe health issues and should be avoided at all costs.
- Design, battery and portability– All these factors vary depending on the type of vaporizer you choose to buy. Nevertheless, these factors are important if it enhances your vaping experience. Durability, convenience to use on the go, and sleek and compact design are features you must regard for a quality vape session.
Choosing the best cannabis vaporizer is no easy task. Several important components need to be looked into before making the purchase. Apart from product features, the compatibility between your requirements and the vaporizer you intend to buy is also critical. In addition to the quality of the vaporizer, what you put into it can also significantly affect your vaping experience. With so many unknowns, it is always wise to seek the guidance of a medical professional before spending your money. Plus, if you have a medical condition that could interfere with your cannabis consumption, it is best recommended that you get an expert’s advice and sort health risks associated with vaping at the earliest. With all of that said, here’s hoping you enjoy all the potential benefits of vaping and be able to find one that’s right for you!