Does gum pain keep you from sleeping at night? Do you find it embarrassing to go out for lunch or dinner because of sharp gum pain that doesn’t let you enjoy the food? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you need to find a solution fast, or you may have to live on soft food for life. CBD oil, in fact, can be a solution.
Gum pain can be due to many reasons, such as poor oral hygiene, hormonal changes, toothache, gingivitis, and more. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and pain-relieving properties that make it a gum pain antidote. CBD oil can be used at home by anyone without the side effects associated with allopathic treatment.
What is CBD Oil, and How does it Help Relief Gum Pain?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, a chemical found in the Cannabis sativa plant or hemp. It has many health benefits. For instance, it can help reduce pain and inflammation. CBD oil works by targeting endogenous cannabinoids or endocannabinoids, a molecule made by the body. Endocannabinoids are somewhat responsible for regulating mood, pain, appetite, and other human functions. When an individual consumes CBD, it sends singles to endocannabinoids to elevate pain. The anti-inflammatory properties of the CBD oil help reduce gum swelling and, consequently, pain.
CBD oil effectively treats pain because there are thousands of endocannabinoid receptors under the skin that are easy to target and send signals for reducing pain and inflammation. CBD oil helps reduce gum inflammation, just like any anti-inflammatory medicine. Most gum pains are caused by bacterial infection. Since CBD oil has antibacterial properties, it helps keep away bacteria and consequent gum diseases. Its antibacterial properties are far more effective in removing bacteria and foul smells from the mouth than the conventional toothpaste available in the market. CBD oil, in short, not only ensures oral hygiene but also keeps away odor.
How to Use CBD Oil for Gum Pain?
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of CBD oil make it an effective treatment for gum inflammation. The cannabidiol can be used in the following ways:
- Massage on the Gum: CBD oil comes in the form of a tincture and can be applied directly to the affected area. Putting CBD oil directly in the mouth can help fight plaque and inflammation-causing bacteria. Take a few drops of it and gently massage on the inflamed gums or aching gums. Massage into the area for at least five minutes and rinse. CBD oil’s smell and taste are not pleasant, and some may even find it puckish. However, if you can tolerate the smell and its taste, message the oil for 30 minutes, and the gum pain will be gone like the wind.
- Gargle: You can also gargle with CBD oil by adding a few drops of it to your coffee and tea. Gargling with it in the affected area can help ease the oral discomfort.
- Cannabidiol Toothpaste: There are also CBD toothpaste and mouthwash that you can try for oral hygiene. But, these products are not easily available. CBD oil, however, can be added to conventional toothpaste when brushing.
- Add on Cotton Swab: It can also be used on a cotton swab to apply directly on aching teeth and gum.
- Under the Tongue: You may also place a few drops of CBD oil under the tongue for it to absorb in the bloodstream and ease the oral discomfort.
The application of CBD oil depends on the area you want to treat. Some areas are quite sensitive and may require you to be more gentle when applying anything on them.
Why Use CBD Oil for Gum Pain?
- No Side Effect: CBD oil, when compared with prescribed or even the over-the-counter oral hygiene products such as mouthwash and tooth, has no negative side effects. Prescribed mouthwashes often leave long-term oral problems such as sensitivity and reduced taste buds. But, CBD oil doesn’t cause any such side effects if used in the right quantity. When using CBD oil for treating gum pain, ensure it has less than 1% of THC, a psychoactive compound that makes people feel high. Using CBD oil in the right quantity is safe to take. Because of the psychoactive compound of CBD oil, it is not recommended to use on children.
- Quick Relief from Pain: CBD oil can help relieve pain in less than 30 minutes. When applied to the skin, the oil quickly penetrates the first layer of the mouth and binds with endocannabinoid receptors sending signals to lower the pain. The mouth skin is permeable, which makes the CBD oil more effective in treating gum pain.
- Reduced Inflammation: The CBD oil contains anti-inflammatory properties. When applied to swollen and red gums, it helps reduce inflammation and consequent sensitivity around the gum. However, when massaging CBD oil on the swollen gums, do it gently as inflamed gums are prone to bleeding when brushed or eating. They are more sensitive and call for more care.
- Helps Keep Away Bacteria: CBD oil’s antibacterial properties make it an effective solution to keep infection-causing germs away. The oil can be used to ensure complete oral hygiene. Its antibacterial properties help keep away the bacteria, treat germs, and prevent cavities, plague, and other dental problems.
- Removes Foul Smell Causing Germs: A regular use of CBD oil as mouthwash and toothpaste can help remove foul smell causing germs. The oil, in short, is also effective in removing oral odor.
- 100% Natural Product: CBD oil is a natural product free from chemicals and harsh agents. If you are someone who wants to use only natural products, CBD oil should be your choice for complete oral care.
- Help Ease TMJ Symptom: TMJ is a jaw disorder in which pain and discomfort are felt in the lower jaw when chewing. The disorder can also cause a jaw lock. CBD oil has been found effective in easing jaw pain.
- Reduce Plaque: Bacteria in the mouth live on the plague that builds up in case of poor oral care. The bacteria may cause gum pain and inflammation. CBD oil helps destroy plaque buildup eliminating the possibility of bacteria growing.
CBD oil has numerous oral health benefits but is underrated for it is derived from the hemp plant or marijuana plant. The oil, nevertheless, is effective in treating gum pain for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
CBD oil is effective in treating gum pain and other oral health-related issues. When buying the oil or its product, it is vital to ensure that the THC is less than 1%, or you may experience dizziness, nausea, and in some cases, diarrhea. The application of the oil in the mouth may cause dryness. Therefore, it is advisable to have plenty of water after applying the oil inside the mouth. Having a lot of water will help keep the mouth hydrated. If used in the right quantity and direction, CBD oil can be an effective gum pain reliever compared to prescribed treatments.