The American Academy of Pain Management textbook Pain Management: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (7th Edition), by executive editors Mark V. Boswell, MD, PhD and B. Eliot Cole, MD, MPA, is recommended as a study guide to prepare for the American Academy of Pain Management's Credentialing Examination.
This textbook presents a complete, state-of-the-art evaluation of multidisciplinary pain diagnosis, treatment and management and includes contributions from over 100 pain management experts. It covers both traditional and alternative techniques and treatments, and includes extensive references on every topic presented.
Table of Contents:
- Pain in Perspective
- Elements of Multidisciplinary Pain Management
- Treatment of Commonly Occurring Pain Syndromes
- Specialty Approaches to Pain Management Through Team Management
- Approaches to Chronic and Acute Pain
- Specialty Concerns
- Work Disability and Return to Work
- Physical Therapy, Manual Medicine and Electromedicine
- Behavioral, Social, and Spiritual Concerns and Aspects of Pain Management
- Legal Considerations
- Future Trends